Friday, April 11, 2008

Mull of Kintyre (they're pissed and roll in from the quay)

OK...so i have been away for some time, but now i'm back. I would like to say that I have spent the last 2 years travelling the world gathering stories and anecdotes that I will now share with you on this blog, but unfortunately I just got a little bored and stopped posting.

I have however just spent a very enjoyable few days in Southend (Argyll) and wandered about Dunaverty Golf Course with my Sons for a couple of rounds (they played and I wandered). It always amazes me that this little jewel of a course is not as well known in the Golfing fraternity as it's near neighbour, Machrihanish. Machrihanish certainly has the Championship length and varied, challenging holes but Dunaverty has the best kept greens of any links course I have ever played and it's views rival Turnberry or Loch Lomond any day. Willie and his team have, as usual, got the course in immaculate condition and the fact that for a large part of the year there are Cows wandering the fairways of the first 4 holes just adds to the charm (and natural fertilizer).

If you haven't been......go.



No comments: